Monday 9 December 2013



The Robin Journey...


I took part this year in an artist open house...In Brighton it is popular for artists to open their house and create there own gallery. I decided to make hanging robins for the one I was in.. I thought about 15 or so would be enough and the first batch was using my favourite method of stitch and paint on canvas...



These sold very quickly...so I made more...this time on blanket and I added party hats and sequins to these..


These also sold... I realised that I made them as singles mostly...all facing the same way.




 A dear friend and quite a romantic said to me...how about making some more to face these...to be couples <3 


Funny this as I am single and somehow had done this unconsciously...maybe the sewing process is telling me
 something!

They got so popular I had to limit the amount I made to stop myself having enough!

I gave 2 away on my FB page...

I never want to become a factory and like to make things for enjoyment... SO one last batch made for people who ordered from me...

 
 Some couples too!



Next year whatever I do I now know to make MORE...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home